Return to Physical Classes – Mondays and Wednesdays
On Wednesday 3 June we will return to our Monday and Wednesday classes at the Maungawhau School Hall. Unfortunately Saturday classes will still have to be held online because the University facilities will remain closed until the end of July.
During Level 2 we need to remember the following:
- Good hygiene practices – regular washing and drying of hands. Hand sanitiser will be available to use.
- If you are unwell, stay away
- We will maintain physical distancing and avoid any contact/kumite
- We will continue the attendance register to allow contact tracing
- If parents can drop off children and return to collect later that will minimise the size of our group
- It is okay to wear shoes if you would like.
Zoom for Online Saturday Classes
Link to join classes has been emailed to members and is on our WhatsApp group (posted Saturday 21 March and under Group Info - top of screen). Contact us if you need the links or want to be added to our WhatsApp group.
Classes will run at the same time as normal – Saturday 10.30-11.30am.
- When you join you will be on mute. Please stay on mute unless you want to ask a question, or all the noises interrupt the call quality.
- you can join from laptop, phone or iPad.
- Try to put your camera somewhere you are full screen, and avoid having a bright window behind you.
We also have four virtual rooms using roundee.io. These have a limit of 14 participants, but could be used at anytime if anyone wants to train together, or chat together. Or we could use them as "break out rooms" for different belt groups to work on their kata.
Again, the links have been emailed and are on our WhatsApp group.
Public Holidays 2020
There will be no classes on the following public holidays:
Auckland Anniversary – Saturday 25 and Monday 27 January
Easter Weekend — Saturday 11 April
Easter Monday — Monday 13 April
Queen's Birthday — Monday 1 June
ANZAC day— Monday 27 April
Labour Day — Monday 26 October